Last post we shared some of Tucson’s most popular neighborhoods. As a property management company that serves both the Tucson and Phoenix areas, this week we wanted to share some of Phoenix’s top neighborhoods with our readers.
As the largest city in Arizona, the Phoenix metropolitan area is comprised of Phoenix and its surrounding cities, including Scottsdale, Tempe, Glendale, Mesa, Paradise Valley, and more. This area is commonly referred to as the Valley of the Sun. Because of its size and rich cultural heritage, the Phoenix area is home to many distinct regions, districts, and neighborhoods. There truly is something here for everyone.
Here are 5 of the most popular neighborhoods in the Phoenix metropolitan area:
1. Arcadia – This east Phoenix neighborhood is famous for its fantastic location. Only 15 minutes from downtown Scottsdale and the airport, residents of Arcadia enjoy urban dwelling with a rural feel. The area was once home to orange and grapefruit groves and many of the large and irrigated lots still boast some of those original citrus trees. While the area has it share of recently-built mansions, it also still features a number of older ranch homes, which offer potential owners a great deal. This area boasts exceptionally good schools and is very popular with families.
2. North Tempe – This area, located close to Arizona State University, is home to Maple-Ash, a historic Tempe neighborhood filled with colorful older houses, and University Park, which features newer homes with larger yards.
3. Downtown Phoenix – The downtown area features a number of attractive neighborhoods that have the advantage of being located close to the cultural and entertainment opportunities that abound downtown. Some of the most popular are Garfield, Evans-Churchill, and Greater Coronado.
4. Alameda Estates – This Tempe neighborhood is located south of the ASU campus. Extremely popular with families, it boasts one of the area’s best elementary schools. This family-friendly neighborhood features a wide assortment of housing styles to fit every budget.
5. Windsor Square – This charming residential neighborhood is located in north central Phoenix. Dating back to 1929, Windsor Square is one of the oldest suburbs in Phoenix. It is famous for its historic homes, great restaurants, and close proximity to the light rail.
Without a doubt, the Phoenix area is home to some amazing neighborhoods and communities. As the population continues to grow, Phoenix has become one of America’s top rental markets. It is also a popular area for retirement. If you are considering investing in real estate in the Phoenix area, give Fort Lowell Realty and Property Management a call today.