When people are looking for a property to rent, they often have a particular set of features in mind for their new home. The more top features and amenities your rental property has, the better chance it has of attracting quality renters and getting rented quickly.
Here is a list of some of the most important features today’s renters look for in a property:
1. Location. This feature will always be the most important feature for renters, although the desirability of a location can vary depending on the renter. For example, a rental unit close to the university will appeal far more to students than to professionals seeking a quiet living environment. People are often willing to pay more for a place that is centrally-located.
2. Closet Space. Today’s renters have more stuff than ever before and they want to be able to store it at home rather than having to spend the extra money for a storage unit each month.
3. Renovations. People love to feel like they are moving to a place that feels clean and new. For that reason, kitchens and baths are particularly popular renovations among renters.
4. Central Air Conditioning. In a hot climate like that of Phoenix and Tucson, central air conditioning is a must for renters who want to stay comfortable.
5. Dishwasher. Some people will refuse to rent a place that does not have dishwasher installed in the kitchen. Many of today’s renters grew up with a dishwasher in the home and expect to have one in their own home.
6. On-Site Laundry. Hauling laundry to a commercial laundromat is a huge hassle. Potential tenants really appreciate the ability to have a washer and dryer within their apartment or at least on-site within the apartment complex.
7. Outdoor Space. People appreciate having an outdoor space like a balcony or yard where they can spend time relaxing or entertaining.
As the premier property managers in Phoenix and Tucson, Fort Lowell Realty and Property Management helps tenants to find the rental property that best meets their needs and budget. If you are looking for a rental in the Phoenix or Tucson areas, give us a call today.